Arti kata: Run - definisi
Meaning / definition of: Run
1. (verb.) set animals loose to graze (run)
2. (verb.) run with the ball; in such sports as football (run)
3. (verb.) travel rapidly, by any (unspecified) means (run)
"Run to the store!"
"She always runs to Italy, because she has a lover there"
4. (noun.) a regular trip (run)
"The ship made its run in record time"
5. (noun.) the continuous period of time during which something (a machine or a factory) operates or continues in operation (run)
"The assembly line was on a 12-hour run"
6. (noun.) unrestricted freedom to use (run)
"He has the run of the house"
7. (noun.) the production achieved during a continuous period of operation (of a machine or factory etc.) (run)
"A daily run of 100,000 gallons of paint"
8. (noun.) an unbroken chronological sequence (run)
"The play had a long run on Broadway"
"The team enjoyed a brief run of victories"
9. (noun.) a short trip (run)
"Take a run into town"
10. (verb.) move fast by using one's feet, with one foot off the ground at any given time (run)
(angkat kaki, berlari, buyar, hidup, lari, memasang, membelandangkan, membuyarkan, mengalir)
"Don't run--you'll be out of breath"
"The children ran to the store"
11. (verb.) move about freely and without restraint, or act as if running around in an uncontrolled way (run)
"Who are these people running around in the building?"
"She runs around telling everyone of her troubles"
"Let the dogs run free"
12. (verb.) be operating, running or functioning (run)
(berfungsi, bergerak, berjalan, berlari)
"The car is still running--turn it off!"
13. (verb.) change from one state to another (run)
14. (verb.) cause to perform (run)
(bergerak, berjalan, menghidupkan)
"Run a subject"
"Run a process"
15. (verb.) be affected by; be subjected to (run)
"Run a temperature"
"Run a risk"
16. (verb.) occur persistently (run)
(angkat kaki, berlari, buyar, lari, memasang, membelandangkan, membuyarkan, mengalir)
"Musical talent runs in the family"
17. (verb.) carry out (run)
"Run an errand"
18. (verb.) make without a miss (run)
19. (verb.) cause an animal to move fast (run)
"Run the dogs"
20. (verb.) sail before the wind (run)
21. (verb.) cover by running; run a certain distance (run)
(berlalu, berlari, jalan, lari)
"She ran 10 miles that day"
22. (verb.) keep company (run, consort)
(buyar, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir, mengiring)
"The heifers run with the bulls to produce offspring"
23. (verb.) travel a route regularly (ply, run)
(alik, berjalan, bertolak, berulang-alik, buyar, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir, ulang-alik)
"Ships ply the waters near the coast"
24. (verb.) compete in a race (race, run)
(berlari, berlomba, buyar, hidup, jalan, lari, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir)
"He is running the Marathon this year"
"Let's race and see who gets there first"
25. (verb.) come unraveled or undone as if by snagging (ladder, run)
(buyar, carik, hidup, meleleh, memasang, membuyarkan, mencarik, mengalir)
"Her nylons were running"
26. (verb.) become undone (run, unravel)
(buyar, carik, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir, menggalurkan, menguraikan, terurai)
"The sweater unraveled"
27. (noun.) a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely (run, tally)
(catatan, gundal, larian, mata)
"The Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"
"Their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
28. (noun.) an unbroken series of events (streak, run)
"Had a streak of bad luck"
"Nicklaus had a run of birdies"
29. (noun.) the act of running; traveling on foot at a fast pace (run, running)
(berlari, jalan, lari, pendakian)
"He broke into a run"
"His daily run keeps him fit"
30. (verb.) direct or control; projects, businesses, etc. (operate, run)
(bergerak, berjalan, beroperasi, buyar, hidup, kelola, memasang, membedel, membuyarkan, mengalir, mengendalikan, mengoperasikan, mengurus, mengusahakan, menjalankan, menyelenggarakan)
"She is running a relief operation in the Sudan"
31. (verb.) have a particular form (run, go)
(berjalan, buyar, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir)
"The story or argument runs as follows"
"As the saying goes..."
32. (verb.) change or be different within limits (range, run)
(antara, buyar, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir)
"Estimates for the losses in the earthquake range as high as $2 billion"
"Interest rates run from 5 to 10 percent"
"The instruments ranged from tuba to cymbals"
"My students range from very bright to dull"
33. (verb.) run, stand, or compete for an office or a position (campaign, run)
(berkampanye, berlari, bertanding, buyar, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, mempertandingkan, mengalir)
"Who's running for treasurer this year?"
34. (verb.) cause to emit recorded audio or video (play, run)
(bermain-main, buyar, hidup, main-main, memasang, membuyarkan, memetik, mempertontonkan, mengalir)
"They ran the tapes over and over again"
"I'll play you my favorite record"
"He never tires of playing that video"
35. (verb.) carry out a process or program, as on a computer or a machine (run, execute)
(buyar, hidup, melakukan, memasang, membunuh, membuyarkan, mengalir, menyelenggarakan)
"Run the dishwasher"
"Run a new program on the Mac"
"The computer executed the instruction"
36. (verb.) include as the content; broadcast or publicize (carry, run)
(buyar, hidup, memasang, membawa, membuyarkan, mengalir, mengangkut)
"We ran the ad three times"
"This paper carries a restaurant review"
"All major networks carried the press conference"
37. (verb.) cause something to pass or lead somewhere (run, lead)
(buyar, hidup, memandu, memasang, membimbing, membuyarkan, memimpin, mengalir, mengemudikan, menular, merebak)
"Run the wire behind the cabinet"
38. (verb.) deal in illegally, such as arms or liquor (run, black market)
(buyar, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir, menyeludup)
39. (verb.) be diffused (run, bleed)
(berdarah, buyar, cair, hidup, kembang, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir, merebak, turun)
"These dyes and colors are guaranteed not to run"
40. (verb.) extend or continue for a certain period of time (run, run for)
(berlangsung, buyar, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir, menyiarkan)
"The film runs 5 hours"
41. (verb.) progress by being changed (move, go, run)
(beralih, berangkat, berganjak, bergerak, bergeser, bergulir, berjalan, berpindah, buyar, gerak, hidup, jalan, lari, memasang, membuyarkan, memindahkan, mengalir, menggerakkan, menggulir, mengisarkan, menjadi, pergi)
"The speech has to go through several more drafts"
"Run through your presentation before the meeting"
42. (verb.) reduce or cause to be reduced from a solid to a liquid state, usually by heating (melt, run, melt down)
(buyar, cair, hidup, lebur, meleleh, meluik, melumer, memasang, membuyarkan, mencair, mencairkan, mengalir, turun)
"Melt down gold"
"The wax melted in the sun"
43. (noun.) the act of testing something (test, trial, run)
"In the experimental trials the amount of carbon was measured separately"
"He called each flip of the coin a new trial"
44. (noun.) a race run on foot (footrace, foot race, run)
"She broke the record for the half-mile run"
45. (noun.) a race between candidates for elective office (political campaign, campaign, run)
"I managed his campaign for governor"
"He is raising money for a Senate run"
46. (noun.) a row of unravelled stitches (run, ladder, ravel)
"She got a run in her stocking"
47. (noun.) the pouring forth of a fluid (discharge, outpouring, run)
48. (verb.) pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals) (hunt, run, hunt down, track down)
(berburu, buyar, hidup, memasang, memburu, membuyarkan, mengalir, mengejar)
"Goering often hunted wild boars in Poland"
"The dogs are running deer"
"The Duke hunted in these woods"
49. (noun.) (American football) a play in which a player attempts to carry the ball through or past the opposing team (run, running, running play, running game)
"The defensive line braced to stop the run"
"The coach put great emphasis on running"
50. (verb.) move along, of liquids (run, flow, feed, course)
(alir, arus, bercucuran, berhamburan, berlinang, buyar, hala, hanyut, hidup, memasang, membesut, membuyarkan, mengalir, mengaliri, menggerabak, tersalur)
"Water flowed into the cave"
"The Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
51. (verb.) pass over, across, or through (guide, run, draw, pass)
(beredar, berlalu, buyar, hidup, lalu, larikan, melampaui, melukis, memandu, memasang, membentuk, membimbing, membuyarkan, memimpin, menarik, mengalir, mengangsurkan, menghabiskan, mengoper, mengoperkan, menjuruskan, menyalip)
"He ran his eyes over her body"
"She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"
"He drew her hair through his fingers"
52. (noun.) a small stream (rivulet, rill, run, runnel, streamlet)
(anak air, anak sungai)
53. (verb.) stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point (run, go, pass, lead, extend)
(beralih, berangkat, beredar, berjalan, berlalu, buyar, hidup, ke, lalu, larikan, melampaui, melintasi, meluas, memampangkan, memandu, memanjangkan, memasang, membabarkan, membarui, membawa, membidangkan, membimbing, membuyarkan, mementang, memimpin, memperbarui, memperpanjang, mengalir, mengangsurkan, menganjur, mengemudikan, menghabiskan, menghantar, mengiring, mengisi, mengoper, mengoperkan, mengulurkan, menuju, menuntun, menyalip, menyeberangi, merentangkan, terbentang)
"Service runs all the way to Cranbury"
"His knowledge doesn't go very far"
"My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"
"The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
54. (verb.) perform as expected when applied (function, work, operate, go, run)
(bekerja, berakhir, beralih, berangkat, berbunyi, berfungsi, bergerak, berjalan, berjaya, beroperasi, buyar, hidup, jalan, kerja, lari, memasang, membedel, membuyarkan, mengakok, mengalir, mengendalikan, mengerjakan, mengoperasikan, menjalankan, menyelenggarakan, pergi)
"The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"
"Does this old car still run well?"
"This old radio doesn't work anymore"
55. (verb.) have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined (tend, be given, lean, incline, run)
(buyar, cenderung, gemar, hidup, memasang, membuyarkan, memelihara, memiringkan, mengalir, menggembalakan, menunggui, mudah, sandar)
"She tends to be nervous before her lectures"
"These dresses run small"
"He inclined to corpulence"
56. (verb.) continue to exist (prevail, persist, die hard, run, endure)
(bercabul, berkeras, berlaku, berlangsung, biasa, buyar, hidup, kekal, memasang, membetahkan, membuyarkan, mengalir, tahan, wujud)
"These stories die hard"
"The legend of Elvis endures"
57. (verb.) flee; take to one's heels; cut and run (scat, run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away)
(beredar, berlari, bolos, buyar, elak, hengkang, hidup, kabur, lari, lolos, meluputkan, memasang, membuyarkan, mengalir, minggat, pergi, terluput)
"If you see this man, run!"
"The burglars escaped before the police showed up"