Arti kata: Strand - definisi
Meaning / definition of: Strand
1. (noun.) a pattern forming a unity within a larger structural whole (strand)
"He tried to pick up the strands of his former life"
"I could hear several melodic strands simultaneously"
2. (noun.) line consisting of a complex of fibers or filaments that are twisted together to form a thread or a rope or a cable (strand)
3. (noun.) a poetic term for a shore (as the area periodically covered and uncovered by the tides) (strand)
4. (noun.) a street in west central London famous for its theaters and hotels (Strand)
5. (verb.) drive (a vessel) ashore (strand)
6. (verb.) leave stranded or isolated with little hope of rescue (maroon, strand)
(dampar, terdampar, terkandas)
"The travellers were marooned"
7. (noun.) a necklace made by a stringing objects together; (chain, string, strand)
(kalung, rantai, untai)
"A string of beads"
"A strand of pearls"
8. (noun.) a very slender natural or synthetic fiber (fibril, filament, strand)
(helai, lembar, urat, utas)
9. (verb.) bring to the ground (ground, strand, run aground)
(kandas, terdampar, terkandas, tersadai)
"The storm grounded the ship"